Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Time to blow off steam

At the end of the day I think about what I should have put up here but some how time disappears. Wonder if this happens to many bloggers? Lots of political kind of thinking theses days. Things that are happening that really disturb me... so I think I will get a few of them down here. Maybe I will feel better and someone out there might even agree on some of these.

1. How can they use 'Not made in America' glass in the new building on the WTC site. Read this am the glass for windows will come from China.

2. I won't rejoin the DNC till they promise no money to BlueDog's re-election campaigns. Happy to support individual candidates.

3. What nonsense! Our security folks can't figure out how to get an 8 year old boy off the no-fly list?

4. As a former teacher I really think kids would be better off on some holidays... Columbus Day, Pres B-days, MLK B-day... if they were in school and learning about the reasons honoring these people is important. Lots of free time to wander does NOT help understanding why they are not in school.

5. Wish they would require that business laying off workers would have to prove they are not outsourcing the jobs. Bet that would cut down on laying off American workers.

6. Love this quote. “The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones" from John Maynard Keynes. It makes me think of all the folks who hate change and try nothing new. We are in the world of technology. Time to learn to use it in the best way that works for you... even if you have to learn to keyboard.

Whew!! I feel better already

No comments: