Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Creating the past for future generations

I love my digital scrapping. I am learning to love genealogy. How do the two come together?  Besides learning how to find family and put the findings in a form that will be useful to future generations there is also the family of now and a not-to-far-past then.  I am hoping that making digital stories to be included in the future book of our family that I hope to create.








I probably will include more of these along the way. You never know what unfound, as yet, cousin might see it and say Hello!!

2 comments:

Frank Damon said...

Fascinating! We really learn a lot along the way as we trace our roots, and come across interesting finds, such as being a descendant of someone significant in some way. Who knows who you will discover, right? Now retirees have a story to tell to their grandkids, and great-grandkids.

Neil Fiorenza said...

The first thing that popped up in my mind would be the classic time capsule. Its most generic form would be a chest full of the things you want the future generation to see a few years after you've hidden the chest. After reading through this digital scrapbook idea, it does seem like it's similar to the time capsule, only that it's in a computer stored as data.